Bands come and go but Miami remains. Several new bands emerged and started playing more and more shows around the 305 area.
Vinny does vocals in a band called Trench, 305 Powerviolence, what else could you expect from some Kendall kids. Saw him at Churchill's in late December, right before his "probably" first out of town adventure and asked to write a tour diary for No Work. His band along In Oculus, Leftorium and Lack Jaw, went to Orlando for the weekend. All this bands are currently part of the new Miami wave of people who play and book shows also.
IN OCULUS- https://
LOCK JAW- https://www.facebook.com/
"December 26, 2015
- We left after Ed and we ended passing him.
- Ninja baby is the guidance to our journey.
- The venue sucks.
- This venue sucked.
- We went to a coffee shop and I know that anywhere that’s not Miami doesn’t have a lot of places that serve colada. We ended up finding this coffee shop that has a bunch of records you can listen to and art work up on the walls. I see they have “CAFÉ CUBAN”. I told baker who is suuuuuper Cuban, and he goes “It’s probably not gonna be good” She serves us the coffee and the first sip he puts the cup down and goes “that’s the best coffee I’ve had in a while”. Hi five Orlando hipster coffee shop
- DFW (“Down for whatever”) is where we are staying.
- We are sleeping in tents. I, nick, and leeeeyum started to change trench lyrics to be all about tents.
- “IM IN A TENT, I SLEEP, I SNORE, I SLEEP, I SNORE. DREAM.”
- The mystical tent will not tolerate silliness inside of it.
- Billy (one of the roomies) is a cool dude and took good care of us.
December 27, 2015
- “IM TIRED OF SLEEPING IN A TENT…….BUILD”
- Ed is in his underwear.
- Ed is farting.
- I forgot to mention but there was a fucking light ring around the moon yesterday.
- Publix 20 box wings. YES.
- I ended up staying in the tent all day with nick. Everyone was still partying from last night but we have the 2nd show in an hour.
- They didn’t stop playing music in the house till 6 am.
- Billy recommended this Mexican place with 5 dollar burritos. They’re huge. Baker bought one and split it with nick. Raven bought one and split it with me.
- BAKER ATE SHIT LAST NIGHT SKATING THE RAMP OUTSIDE.
- We show up to uncle lou’s.
- Uncle lou’s is a super dope place. Small, cool bartender, cheap drinks, really cheap drinks, tags everywhere.
- More people showed up to this show and the sound was actually good.
- The lineup was, Lockjaw, Inoculus, Leftorium, Trench, then the local band, Skatanabis.
- Super fun show. Skating outside the show after was fun to. The local dues that live in the house are insane.
- They taught me how to play craps.
- We bought two bottles of wine from the bar with the money we got paid with that show.
- Ed, Nadia, Nick, Baker, Raven, Jackie, Kyle, and I were the only people to stay the last night at the house.
- They collapsed the tent on me.
- I need to shower."